Cyber Essentials (CE) and CE Plus. Boyns is an IASME approved Certification Body for Both
The ethos behind everything we do.
Our approach to Cybersecurity
We are a progressive company in all things Cyber and GDPR and are active members of the North Wales Cyber Security Cluster. So much so, we are the only IASME approved Certification Body north of the M4 belt in Wales; offering both Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus for Charities and Small-to-Medium Size Enterprises (SME’s). We cover Wales and North West England; supporting customers to achieve both compliance and accreditation.
We believe in the importance of cybersecurity; even if you aren’t considering certification yet – we manage all of our customers within the standards of the Cyber Essentials 5 pillars.
The 5 Pillars
of Cyber Essentials
Modern, Patched and managed Firewalls and related Gateways
Access Control and Administration Management
Software and Operating System Patching
Malware and Antivirus management
Whilst Cyber Essentials and IASME are both self-assessed standards, we are able to help businesses to understand the requirements and implement the necessary controls, policies, procedures and technical solutions to ensure successful completion of the chosen standard(s).
When your business is Cyber Essentials Accredited, the certification includes free cyber insurance to help safeguard your business in the event of a breach.
There are two levels of certifications within the scheme, Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
Cyber Essentials is an independently verified self-assessment. You complete an online assessment which must be approved at board level or equivalent. Upon submission, we review your answers against the assessment criteria and if successful, your company will be awarded a Cyber Essentials certificate and be permitted to use the Cyber Essentials logo on all collateral.
Cyber Essentials Plus
Cyber Essentials Plus is a more in depth assessment of your IT infrastructure utilising both internal and external vulnerability tests. You must have been awarded the basic Cyber Essentials certification before you can proceed with Cyber Essential Plus accreditation. Successful accreditation against Cyber Essential Plus provides a higher level of assurance that your organisation has a strong cyber security regime with correctly implemented controls thereby maintaining a robust defence against Internet-based attacks.
The Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus Scheme is a Government backed initiative aimed at helping Small to Medium Sized Enterprises implement 5 pillars of security which will mitigate up to 80% of Cyber-attacks. It is widely believed that the remaining 20% is staff training.
IASME is the leading Accreditation Body and IASME train specialist companies to become Certification Bodies that work with Small to Medium Sized Companies and Charities to get them into positions that they achieve accreditation and certification. Boyns Information Systems are a Certification Body and issue said Certificates.
Why would you want to achieve Accreditation?
Charities depend on funding – many funding bodies will not issue funds unless the Charity can prove they are compliant.
Many tenders of large project require that the main contractor has Cyber Essentials Plus, whilst the sub-contractors have Cyber Essentials Standard. Typical Tenders are for Local and National Government projects, the NHS, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and blue-chip companies such as Airbus, Tesco etc…
The Cyber Essentials Standard certification is a self-assessment process via our simple to use portal. We, the Certification Body then mark your answers that you have submitted via the portal. Should you be successful, we will issue you with a Certificate and you are then compliant.
The Cyber Essentials Plus certification is slightly complex and we test your answers via external and internal methods using advanced software techniques.
In many instances customers fail. We take great pride in working with customers and/or with their existing MSP’s to implement a remediation plan to get them to the standard required to ensure they pass.
Become a Certification Partner
Are you an IT Service Provider? Are you looking to provide Cyber Essentials Certification for your clients? Contact us today to discuss becoming a certification partner.
Training & Support
100% Client Ownership
We're Here To Help!
Ffordd Celyn, Parc Busnes Lôn Parcwr, Ruthin, Denbighshire, North Wales, LL15 1NJ
Mon - Fri: 08:30 - 17:00
+44 (0) 1824 702211