An opportunity has arisen to take on a key role at Boyns Information Systems, a well-established and growing company with an exciting future. Utilising your extensive technological expertise, gained either through degree studies / professional courses or through hands-on experience supporting IT networks, this is your chance to innovate and drive further growth of the company by making the most of the latest IT technologies available.
For over 20 years, Boyns Information Systems has been providing a range of professional IT services, with the core business supporting customers with servers, computers, telephone systems and their related networks. The business has significantly invested in its office facilities and technology, providing an environmentally friendly, modern and comfortable working environment, and the team can often be found raising money for charities and local communities through various sporting events.
What will this role of IT Network Support Engineer entail?
With a real emphasis on innovation and future technologies, as an IT Network Support Engineer you’ll be responsible for ensuring the company is constantly evolving and remaining at the forefront of emerging technologies, designing, installing and supporting IT solutions for customers throughout Mid and North Wales, Cheshire and the Marches, with your duties to include:
- Conducting Windows Server Administration tasks
- Diagnosing and fixing network faults (LAN / WAN)
- Remotely installing new software and configuring networks
- Learning and developing knowledge on technologies including Azure / Intune
- Server Virtualisation (Hyper-V / VMare) and Cloud Migration
- Completing tasks related to IT and cyber security
- Suggesting IT solutions to client business problems
- The role will predominantly be providing 2nd line / remote support, however you will be providing 1st line / onsite support from time to time therefore you will be required to have a full UK driving licence.
What will I need to be considered for this IT Network Support Engineer role?
- Have either studied IT with a degree or professional qualification or have proven experience gained within an IT role providing 1st and 2nd line support for networks, servers and infrastructure
- Have the determination and vision to take your career to the next level, with the ability to mentor and lead less experienced colleagues where applicable
- A proactive approach and the ability to strategically contribute to the future path the company follows
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, including the ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
What will I receive in return?
You will be part of a professional and friendly team within a business that is continuously growing, in a role that offers a great opportunity to be part of that expansion. If you have a strong work ethic and keen to excel within a career in IT support, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
With the right Experience you should expect a Salary in excess of £25K although we would be prepared to discuss the position with an ambitious recent graduate and or gap year student.
Please contact us on 01824 702211 for more information and or send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org